Wednesday, June 24, 2009

That was dumb!


So the other night, Connie & I went to visit her friend, Cindy. We had wine & brie, and laughed and generally had a good time.

I knew I was drinking more than typical for me, since I only do one drink, when I DO have a a drink, and I'm thinking during the course of the evening, it was more like four.

The next day, I had a headache that wouldn't go away, and I felt queasy.

I felt yucky all morning, and it wasn't until after I took a 2-hour nap that I felt okay again.

While it doesn't seem like it was bad enough to call it a "hangover" - it was certainly bad enough that in the future, I'll stop whoever wants to refill my glass after the first drink!

I can only recall one other time that I ever drank more than I should have, and that was in my early 20's, when we had company from Germany - the summer before I met Lee. That ended with the room spinning & me crawling to the bathroom. The next day I felt fine, though - I had gotten rid of all the alcohol.

I guess I kind of expected the same thing or something - that I wouldn't have been able to go to sleep if I'd had more than my body could handle.

Ah well, lesson learned!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad your okay.

keeka said...

Ah, you must be the lightweight of the family!!! Or maybe the rest of us have more practice! heehee.
Actually my limit is about 4 and that is usually spread out over about 4 hours! Vegas was great by the way!

Tina said...

I think I actually had a bit of a cold with this - I also had a sore throat the next day. So maybe it wasn't all alcohol-related.

:)