Monday, February 08, 2010

Ouch

So, I'm not in horrible shape - however most of my exercise tends to be on a stationary bike. It's an 'easy' workout, especially since I'm not even paying attention to the exercise.

When Connor wanted to use my cross country skis, and I swapped him for his snow boots & the snowshoes, I knew my toes would be squished. Connor's feet are about a 1/2 size smaller than mine. That's okay. I could deal.

I also had to walk and even run a bit to keep up with him (and keep him from skiing into the other athletes - altho he did run into one). I could feel it in my legs a bit while we were out on the snow.

When Connor was getting more tired, and started falling even more, I wound up having him hold the ski poles, and I held the ends and pulled him along. He's still learning to keep his feet straight anyway, and it was good practice. I didn't expect to get sore from that.

On Sunday, I noticed a tightness around my sternum. It almost felt like heartburn. It took me a bit to figure out I had stretched my pectoral muscles further back than normal.

Advil helps.

1 comment:

keeka said...

Well, with my headaches, I didn't notice but I was "babying" my neck by lifting my shoulders a little.
When I remembered I would relax them, but that is hard to do in the middle of all the head pain.
So when my headaches started abating (somewhat), I noticed a pain in my neck and shoulders. It took me a while to realize that I had been in a perpetual shrug for some time!