Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Canada Gold

Hooray for CANADA!!! FINALLY!!!
In case you were unaware, Canada had not won any gold at an Olympics IN Canada - ever. They hosted the Winter Games in Montreal & Calgary, and now Vancouver. They medaled, just not the gold.

That changed on Sunday when a young freestyle skier (moguls & jumps) managed to hold the edge on his super-fast run to beat out the favorite, an Australian (who was actually born in Vancouver & has dual citizenship!).

I am doing my best to keep up with the DVR, but the West Coast feed winds up getting done around midnight, so I have to miss the last couple of hours & catch them up the following afternoon. So I know who won the men's downhill & the snowboard competitions last night, but I didn't see the pairs skating final.

I am biking to the more exciting events (downhill & snowboarding last night). I just leave the exercise bike in the living room.

Most of the time, I don't watch all that much TV, so I'm also doing other things while I watch - I cleaned the living room window, capped a bunch of supplement pills for Connor, did laundry, and I'm knitting & almost done with the first scarf - and it's only the 4th day of competition! This afternoon I'll get paperwork sorted & boxed away from last year - I still need to add a w-2 to the taxes, then that's done.

I am really enjoying the games though. It's exciting and I just get a thrill out of the whole experience. Lee is off work today & he'll get to watch his favorite sport (which he's still never gotten to play). Curling.

No comments: