Monday, June 18, 2007

Summer Time!

Today begins summer vacation for our family. Trevor's already had a week off since he graduated, so we'll be putting him to work now. Until he finds a "real job" he'll be doing yard work for us. Hopefully he'll be more motivated to get a job since we aren't going to pay him anything - maybe an occasional ice cream or something.

I was going to have him go to the community college, but the class he was going to take is being offered at a satellite campus, right next to my school. This is where the people go who couldn't manage High School when it was free. Some come in drunk or high, and it's not really the atmosphere I was thinking to have Trevor experience. So, we cancelled that idea. He can work instead.

Diana is leaving for Germany on Sunday. She will be going through her room & cleaning up, as well as packing for the trip. She needs to carry everything for the first week, as they'll be traveling all over before they meet up with their host families. She still needs to buy a few things, but it's coming together. We also need to get her the traveler's checks and the pre-loaded ATM card. Her teachers have copies of all the passports & birth certificates, in case anyone loses their papers.

Connor is just enjoying "School's out!" The weather right now is actually pretty overcast & cool, so he's not bugging me about swimming yet. Once it gets warmer, I'll get the little pool out for the backyard. I don't know if I'll do the college pool thing again this summer. We will start summer school again in July. He'll be at the same school where I work, but in a regular education class. If Trevor isn't working by then, he can assist in Connor's room (not paid). We are there from 8:00 to noon, 4 days a week.

I'm thinking I'll use the early part of the morning for the next couple of weeks to pick fruit to freeze. I can make jam if I have time now, or just freeze the fruit until later. Strawberries are on right now. I think cherries are too. Blueberries should be coming up pretty soon as well. I have a ton of yard work to do as well. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: