Friday, March 30, 2007

What about a goat?



It's Friday of Spring Break now. We got Diana's passport stuff done on Monday. It should be here mid-April. Glad that's done!


The girl scouts were here from noon Tuesday till 4:00 on Wednesday. They spent most of the time working on their music for their act. The dance part didn't get started until Wednesday. That's okay - they have it pretty well fleshed-out, and they just need to practise it a lot now. We also went to Taco Bell & got ice cream as promised. They also watched "V for Vendetta" and "Monty Python & the Holy Grail."


I got some of the sewing done. I still have more to do. Today I have errands to run.


I didn't get into the yard at all. Actually, as I said, it's a pretty big job. So now I'm wondering, how hard would it be to just get a goat, put it on a chain and let it graze everything away? They eat everything - including the poison oak. There's nothing on the slope except trees & shrubs and a ton of weeds & grass. If it were cleared, we might actually be able to do some landscaping.


If you use a chain, the goat would graze everything in a semi-circle from the fence to the edge of the chain. I asked our neighbor, and he said it's a great idea. If we call it a pet, it's not illegal to have it in the yard. Then, at the end of the growing season, we take it back to the livestock auction where we got it, and sell it again - recouping our original cost for the goat. I'll bet the goat poops would be better fertilizer than my compost. I don't take the time I need to do that right at this time.


We can name it "Billy."

2 comments:

Rocky said...

darn...why didn't I think of that..wonder what a goat costs?

Tina said...

Around $40 for a kid. Maybe less for a full grown goat.

Wanna share one? :)