Saturday, March 24, 2007

Spring Break

I liked it better when it ended with Easter. At least then you had a clean house to celebrate in.

My plans for this week are:

Get Diana's passport ordered. Get Lee's & Connor's passports ordered. Order a copy of Trevor's birth certificate from L.A. (we had to do the same for Diana, and it just came last week). Send away for my Canadian passport.

Outside:
Weeding the yard. This could take an entire month, so I'll just focus on a small area at a time, and see where I wind up. We have rain in the forecast for the week, and I'll just do this as I can.

Prep the strawberry/tomato garden. I had some chives growing in it, but some sawgrass got in there, and I just have to yank the whole thing out now.

Cut back the blackberries all over the yard. Then spray with Crossbow. Crossbow is the only thing that will kill the poison oak and blackberries. Even then, I'll have to do it again next year.

Inside:
Reorganize the laundry room. Lee's dad made us a new cupboard & he included a drawer. An empty drawer! What should I put in there?? Should I buy my own tools in fushia and store them in there? Whoo Hooo!

Sew & mend clothes. Diana's pants all need to be hemmed up - she's a "petite" and her legs are shorter than mine. I will show her how to do the blind hem & let her take it from there. Trevor needs stuff fixed and I want to make myself a bag out of an old jeans skirt. I also have 3 years of girl scout patches for my shirt & Diana's vest. I will probably have to put some of Diana's on a bag for girl scout stuff. The vest is the same for 6 years, and there's not much room left on the back now. I will focus on earned recognitions, vs. event patches to start.

Bake cookies & stuff. Maybe can some jam. I have fruit in the freezer from last summer.

Girl Scout sleepover. They will work on their Talent Show act. There will probably be Taco Bell & Ice Cream eaten. Papier Mache could be involved. Costumes. Who knows?

I don't think we're going to go anywhere. Diana still has her job at the law office, and Trevor will be delivering the papers in the afternoons. If we have good weather & I feel up to it, maybe we'll do some geocaching...

2 comments:

keeka said...

So your spring break is now? You actually have what, one week before the week before Easter? I don't get it. Or do you have two weeks? Weird.

Tina said...

One week. It has nothing to do with Easter up here. It's just when Oregon takes the break.

Maybe that's so tourism is spread out more for places that people go? I don't know.