Sunday, March 18, 2007

Spring things



We have gorgeous weather today (and yesterday). After all the temperature extremes, it's nice to have pretty days on the weekend, when we can actually have the kids help in the yard! Don't worry, they get paid in ice cream & candy bars...

Trevor usually does the mowing & Diana does the weed whacking. Connor digs holes. I didn't need any holes dug today though.

I'm not sure if it's my european upbringing or what, but I just love seeing the seasons change. I love the bulb flowers coming up (hyacinth & daffodils/jonquils now - tulips & peonies are on the way). I love the flowering trees - ours is an ornamental cherry out front - the fruit trees are still budding.

Trevor has to dig into the grass already - if it's not cut down soon, it will grow taller than Connor. Makes it really REALLY hard to find the Easter eggs!

Yay Spring!

2 comments:

shoo said...

I think you may have some hobbit blood in you.

keeka said...

ok, Shoo, ewww. By sis looks nothing like a hobbit! Just kidding, I know what you meant to say....hehe, talk about some springy looking photos! Wow, very pretty. Where is the photo of the flowers? I mean close-up, pretty enough to frame photos? Come on you must have some of Papi's genes in you!