Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Teamspeaking

That's pretty cool.

First, being able to hear voices over the computer is lots of fun. Second, being able to contribute is pretty cool too.

I think I am cutting myself off now & then when I talk - there's a little delay or something. But most of the time it's going good. I've got it set so I have to hit the shift key to speak, so I feel like I'm almost forcing a laugh if someone says something funny and I have to hit a key so they can hear me laugh at their joke. I'm sure I'll get over this feeling though.

Before, I was just on the listening end. Now I can make my own comments, vs. Lee making my comments for me. Heh.

Since he's sitting across from me, I don't hit the shift key to tell Lee, "I'm about to die, heal me." But for pretty much everything else, I'm trying to make sure everyone will get a chance to hear me...

I will have to get feedback if the bike is making too much noise while I'm talking though. I haven't gotten to ride much lately - yesterday I'd just gotten started and Diana needed a ride to Wal-Mart to get supplies for a poster project that was due today (yes, she knows what "procrastinate" means). Hopefully next Sunday I'll be able to ride and play and talk all at the same time!!!

:)

2 comments:

- Rob said...

Teamspeak has been a very cool way to play and catch up with everyone! Thanks to you and Lee for introducing to us and bugging me until I got it done.

Lee in particular has been able to make good use of it to provide leadership to the team and make us more effective as a group. However, it is equally as fun to have the chance to crack jokes and make comments like in the old days of face-to-face gaming!

I really felt crippled last Sunday when I had to play without being able to talk. The time that it took to type slowed down my ability to respond to in-game situations.

Unknown said...

thx for that Rob. I recall the exhaustive line after line stuff needed for a coordinated effort back in AC.

Teamspeak is da bomb for coordinated attacks in a fast twitch game like CoH.

Likewise being able to poke fun and make comment really adds to the fun.