Friday, April 07, 2006

Cookie Booth

Here we are again... Booth sale time.

This is not my favorite thing with Girl Scouts. I'm not much of a salesperson, and neither is Diana. We have a couple of booths scheduled for Wal-Mart, with the first being this afternoon. Because no other adults from our troop are available to help, I am only allowed to have Diana sell. I can be solo with my own kid, but with anyone else, I need an additional adult.

So - this afternoon, Diana & I will haul our boxes out in front of Wal-Mart. Being 15 years old, she's lost that "cute" factor that the Brownie & Junior scouts have. She's more likely to hear, "Aren't you a little old to be a girl scout?" Well, no. Girl Scouting goes thru High School. At the end, you can do a Gold Project, which is similar to a Boy Scout's Eagle Award. It looks good on your scholarship resumes anyway.

Diana will have to be cheery for 2 hours and keep asking if they want cookies. She'll be in a Cookie Costume to call attention to herself. If we're lucky, the weather will be decent. Sales plummet if it's pouring rain. And whatever cookie stock we have, we have to sell - you can't return it back to girl scouts. So you try to order conservatively, but if the weather is horrible, we'll probably have to try to add an additional booth sale.

I already have a headache *sigh*

No comments: