Sunday, April 23, 2006

A couple o' new links

I added Joe's & Zaphod's on the right.

Joe is a friend from pre-married days, and he used to live in Alaska. I think Lee has convinced him to join us in City of Heroes???

Zaphod (not his real name) is from early chat days, I'm thinking '96 or so? Gol, that's been 10 years! When Lee first started chatting online after it became available, he met Zaphod on the Route 66 server, run by Bone. Gals were treated as "goddesses" on Route 66, and I used to play Trivial Pursuit against the likes of Tikiman & Chronos.

We used to do all that mIrc, pIrch and comic chat stuff. We'd "give" hugs & candy bars and hot chocolate to each other. Heh. Then Lee & I got into Asheron's Call, and kind of drifted away from the chat scene.

We did keep in touch with Zaphod though. He helped me teach parents at our elementery school about chat, for one thing. "We're talking to Nicolai in Norway today..."

Heh. Anyhoo - new stuff to read, if you're so inclined.

:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmm, trivia Q. What does Timmer and Joe have in common other then schooling?