Friday, April 28, 2006

For Carolyn

I get this daily email from Beliefnet.com. I rarely read the whole newsletter thing, but every day I read the inspiration for the day. Sometimes they are funny, and sometimes they really make you think. The quote on the right side of my page there is from them.

This was yesterday's: Other people’s faults are like bees—if we don't see them, they don't harm us.
-Luis Vigil

Of course, Carolyn will argue that if you're not looking and they land on you & sting you, you DID get harmed, but the main point in this is you really shouldn't worry too much about what CAN happen, and focus on what DOES. Most of the time, the bees won't sting you.

Well, that's the bee analogy anyway. On the people's faults, I'm not sure how they would harm you anyway. Unless you're super-sensitive? I dunno.

Okay - maybe that wasn't the best inspiration. I just thought of Carolyn & the bee thing. Don't notice it, it doesn't hurt you.

The one sting Carolyn has gotten from a bee came from her leaning on it. More detrimental to the bee than it was to her.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

:)

No comments: