Saturday, April 29, 2006

Diana, yet again!



She's been accepted for GAPP - German American Partnership Program - through the High School.

She'll be going to this town in Germany for about 3 weeks in June 2007. Our exchange student will be coming her in October of this year. Oh boy!

Somehow, Diana got matched with a gal that likes Manga - imagine that! I think we may have to give her a real American experience of staying at a yurt on the coast with a bunch of Girl Scouts. Whaddya think?

Diana needs to come up with $2000 for this trip. She will be looking for a "real job" for the summer. I think she'll just keep the paper route in the meantime, although she could be sampling more folks on the route to get more money. She will have to be a bit more proactive with that, I think.

And she's started doing some babysitting for Rocky & Sue's twins, and that money should go into her bank account too, now.

Way to go Diana!!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Heh. Diana's into her 2nd year with the paper route. Because of the hills in our area, she can't ride a bike and walks the route with our dog. She's allowed to keep $20 from her paychecks for her spending money (which is always for more books).

She's also been a Girl Scout since 1st grade, and totally gets the fact that if she doesn't ask for her orders, she won't earn the incentives. My poor troop has to earn everything - no freebies from me!

I never got an allowance. I didn't get money for having good grades. I would ask my parents for money when something came up like a friend asking me to go to a movie with them.

I got my work permit when I was 15, and pretty much worked ever since. When you earn your own money, you really shouldn't be asking to play with your parent's money anymore.

They did pay for college, and I guess we'll be covering whatever isn't paid thru scholarships.

Rocky said...

Not just babysitting, I've con...er, talked her into mowing the yard. All 3 city lots of it.
I hate it and she sure could use the money. Hopefully by the time she gets a "real" summer gig, it'll be dry enough to let it go for s bit.