Monday, January 19, 2009

Connor's Request



The other day when I took Diana back to Eugene, we stopped at a Grocery Outlet and while we were there, we found strawberry flavored marshmallows. I don't know if they are a trial product or what, Grocery Outlet is just like any other outlet store, only groceries.
Connor was very interested in them, so I got some. Then he asked me to make Krispie treats using these marshmallows and Cocoa Krispies. So I made them yesterday morning. Connor set up the round table in the living room with the plates, spoons, and cups, and we had a little tea time together.
They tasted pretty good, but the cocoa krispies are sweeter, and I couldn't taste the strawberry flavor as much once the two were together. Connor loved them though :)

6 comments:

keeka said...

awwww, tea time! I do that a lot in the summer with the kids and Aunt Helen, but you can guess we don't really have anything hot to drink. During Christmas vacation we did it a bit with hot cocoa and cookies. Yum!

flyingvan said...

It looks like a Horta.

Tina said...

I don't know what that is, Steve.

keeka said...

ok, yeah, that sounds like something that came back UP! eew.

flyingvan said...

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.70disco.com/images/horta2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.70disco.com/startrek/horta.htm&usg=__tXOx6906HGP9Vy46UbfVJtQtqRw=&h=266&w=357&sz=21&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=fDKV1F2u4-pWoM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=121&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhorta%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26ie%3DUTF-8

Tina said...

Sorry Steve, those won't open the way they're posted. I tried copy/paste, but it came up 'page not found'.

I also tried the 70disco.com, and looked thru the disco ball images, but didn't see anything that resembled a krispie treat :P