Thursday, December 28, 2006

Night at the Museum

Fun movie. If you haven't seen anything about it, it's Ben Stiller in a museum of Natural History that comes alive at night. There was only one thing that bothers me about it now, and I wonder if that got edited out or something. Nice effects & funny.

We had some tickets left over from the Talent Show, so the girl scouts wanted to see that one. Unfortunately, we got those tickets in May. When I went to get them yesterday, they'd expired. At least they weren't our Prize from the show. They were some leftovers because the troop that won the movies had less people than the tickets we were donated. But still... grr.

So we went to a matinee & paid out of troop funds ($5.25 per person). We just didn't get treats while we were there. Then we went by Taco Bell & got some dinner. Those girls LOVE Taco Bell. I'm not sure why, but if you have to have fast food, at least it's cheap!

We had dessert leftover from Christmas - a nice Black Forest Cake from Safeway. Neither Mary or Renee had ever had that kind of cake. I think that's what Renee will have when she gets married. She really liked the cake.

I had told the girls we'd do a sleepover during the break from school. I thought I'd made sure everyone could be there, but we were still short Amanda :/ She came later, after her babysitting job. I went to bed around 11:00, and Amanda wasn't here yet. I see her truck in the driveway, so she must have showed up eventually! I have no clue what time the girls got to sleep.

I'll leave them alone. Then we have to go pick up our actual Prize from the Talent Show - a 3 gallon tub of ice cream from our famous dairy - the girls want cookie dough flavor. We have a certificate that expires on the 31st - I don't want to waste that one too!!

:)

4 comments:

Rocky said...

So what was the thing that bothered you? LOL.
We're home now. Missed you guys!

keeka said...

Yeah, you didn't say...

Tina said...

I don't want to spoil it for you! Go see the movie and then tell me what you think it might be :P

Anonymous said...

That cake was AMAZING!!! i really really love that cake! maybe i will put pictures of my up on my site :) but uh yeah the movie was good but the best was when diana leaned over to me when we saw oqen wilson and said "That Hansel is so hot right now" because i LOVE will ferrell and i nearly died!