Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Choir Concert

Last night, after our Girl Scout meeting (which wasn't really a "meeting" so much as having Renee over to visit...) we went to the High School for their Christmas Concert to support one of the scouts, Mary.

Mary was on stage almost the whole night. She is in the A Cappela as well as the Chamber Choir. Her boyfriend sat in the same row that Diana, Renee & I sat. So we were the "Mary Cheering Section."

Mary likes to look at the audience when she sings. I was always taught to look only at the choir director for my years in high school & college. I guess it's different now. Diana & Renee were saying something about looking at the "red spot."

In any case, Mary spent a lot of time trying not to laugh, because she kept looking at Diana & Renee, who were being goofy, and trying to make her laugh. Good thing Mary didn't have any solos this time around.

When it got to the sing-a-long portion, Renee & Diana were very loud on the echos for Rudolph. LIKE A LIGHTBULB! LIKE A FLASHLIGHT! LIKE PINOCCHIO! LIKE MONOPOLY! LIKE COLUMBUS!

They sing different echoes here than where I grew up. MY Rudolph wanted to play football, not monopoly. And his nose glowed like a lightbulb both times. And for some reason, the name he was called was "Fudge-face" - I have no clue where that came from.

It was a fun concert. I'm glad I went and got my Secret Santa scarf knitted the rest of the way.

:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh yeah...we were so embarassed after that...no wait we werent you were!!! lol love nae