Friday, December 08, 2006

Ba-who Doray, Ba-who Doray


Easy snowmen:


Take a tube sock. Make a base from cardboard or pressboard and put in the toe of the sock. Put about 3/4 to a cup of rice or beans in to make a heavy enough base. Stuff the rest of the sock with batting, up to the change in ribbing on the sock. Tie a knot at the ribbing change. Fold back over the top of the sock to make a cap. Tie off two sections to make a snowman shape. Attach decorations, like button eyes, pipe cleaner nose, and fabric scraps for scarves.


Place around your Christmas tree and sing like the Who's in Whoville. Ba-who doray, ba-who doray, welcome Christmas, Christmastime!
And I'm paraphrasing. I don't know what those Who's are even singing...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, those are just too too adorable! Question: Does the heel leave a bunch? I mean I would think it would, but I might be missing something...

keeka said...

oops, that was me...keeka

Tina said...

They are tube socks. There's no heel at all, so no bunch :) I think if you got some with the stripes around the top, it would look nice because the cap would look even more like a separate hat.

But they are cute, aren't they?

- Rob said...

Welcome Christmas Welcome Christmas
Fah who for-aze! Fah who for-aze!
Dah who dor-aze! Dah who dor-aze!
Welcome Christmas, Welcome Christmas,
Come this way! Come this way!

Copyright © 1957, Dr. Seuss.

- Rob said...

Oops, sorry for doubling up the text in that last post.

keeka said...

ok, in the movie it doesn't sound like THAT at all Robert! But hey it looks so official, I guess I have to believe you! I like Tina's version better tho. : )