Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Safari

I get a free pass through my parent support group, otherwise this would have cost about $60 for those of us in the car! Well, we probably would have left Mary home, but as she was going to do the girls' hair for the Homecoming Dance, I treated her too (for free).

The Safari had a lot of babies this time! Zebras, buffalo, yaks, and various ungulates in the African & Asian regions. Fun!

The lions were active (the bears were not) and the giraffe was close enough for us to see his blue tongue - so cool!




Even the hippos were out of their pond this time - highly unusual. I guess it's because it's gotten cooler, and maybe since we went in the afternoon, it was getting closer to their feeding time or something. I'm not sure. We didn't get to go through the village for long, because it was closing, so Connor missed the little train (no big loss).

After this, we got Taco Bell and the girls started getting ready for the dance. That only took 3 hours...

3 comments:

Rocky said...

I'm so looking forward to when we get to take the girls on safari the 1st time. :) So how's the back? When will Diana be able to babysit? (lol)

Talk to you soon!

Tina said...

I'm on my last day of "light duty" at work. I got another adjustment & massage last night, and I rode my exercise bike for an hour - that felt okay.

This morning it's still a little sore, but much better than before!

Unknown said...

"and various ungulates"

My favorite line in this blog (for obvious reasons)