Friday, October 20, 2006

I tweaked my back :(

On Thursday we were trained on lifting techniques at work (we have to move the kids around to different positions & changes from & to their wheelchairs).

I did fine with the lifting under the supervision of the Physical Therapist. We did lift more than usual tho. However, I felt fine, and had used the correct technique.

So after we're all trained, I go to use the restroom. While I'm laying down the little strips of TP on the seat to protect myself, I feel a twinge in my back. Suddenly I have to hold on to the rails on the wall and stuff to lift myself up & down. Dang it.

I had to file an incidence report, and fill out worker's comp stuff and go see a chiropractor. This particular chiropractor has massage therapists work on you before he does the adjustments. They use a heat pad, then massage, then the adjustment. My back feels a lot better already. The ibuprofen is good too.

Today the custodian at the school installed a holder for toilet seat covers, and filled it.

2 comments:

keeka said...

hey at least something good came of it...sort of. I am surprised they didn't have those already!
Poor sistol!

Tina said...

Yeah well.

I wish I'd remembered to take ibuprofen & the adhesive heating pad along today for the 3 plus hour drives to & from the airport today.

Going to bed early anyway...