Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Where's Your Tooth?


Connor doesn't tell us when a tooth comes out. I think the first few he ate. Either number 3 or 4, we helped him take out, and then the one before this new one, he'd gotten out on his own, and we asked him for the tooth. He went and retrieved it from his room and so that one I have.

He just lost another tooth. I have no clue what happened to it. I don't think he swallows them anymore, but he's also not bothering to hide it under his pillow. That's a little more than he comprehends. Plus money has no meaning to him.

I could write a "social story" for him about what to do with a tooth that comes out. Social Stories are used with kids with autism to help them learn the appropriate responses to situations. We used one to help Connor learn to use the toilet also. The school used one to help him sit in a movie theater thru the whole film before they took the whole grade to see the Polar Express. Social Stories are really helpful, but I don't know if I need to bother with the tooth. It's not like it's going to be an ongoing issue thru his life. It really only affects him for the next few years, and then he's done.

In the meantime, the tooth fairy is saving money with him.

"Your eyes are all big!" Connor quote.

:)

No comments: