Thursday, March 09, 2006

It's Snowing!

This morning I had to get Trevor & myself up early to talk to the English teacher about his report before school started. Look out the window and it's snowing! Here where we live, it only snows once or twice every few years, so it's a big deal.

View from the living room window.

Currently it's not just snow flakes, it's big blobs of snow averaging the size of a quarter to half-dollar. It's pretty wet too. If you make a snowball out of it, it packs very solid and is more gray in color than white.

In any case, Trevor & I drove to school and we had our conference. By the time I headed back home, the streets were all white. I have to cross a big river between the HS and home, and that can freeze up pretty quick so I'm going slow. I saw two cars skid out on the way home - silly people.
We live on a hill, so I was a little concerned about going up, but it was fine at that point. Dunno about later today tho. The forecast says snow/rain thru Saturday.










Connor is really happy. We have elementary conference days today & tomorrow, so he & I get a 4-day weekend. I'm just glad I don't have to drive anywhere! I had to dig out the snow stuff for Connor since he'll be in & out all day. Snow, bathtub, snow, bathtub. Heh.

1 comment:

- Rob said...

We're supposed to have a cold storm here in SoCal this weekend too. They say that snow levels will drop to around 1500 feet! That hasn't happened in a long time. We won't get snow at our house, but it will definitely be COLD.

Celeste is concerned about what this will do to GS cookie sales. I think that people will want cookies -- maybe even more (cookies and milk by the fire!).

Perhaps that will be a good excuse for some HQ over the weekend! :)