Thursday, March 23, 2006

Talent Show stuff

Last night I had a meeting at my house to help me decide the solo acts for the Talent Show. It looks like we'll have 12 troop acts, and we had 10 signed up for solos. We had videotaped the solo acts last Wednesday, and there was one act that didn't make it then, so they were supposed to drop off a video last night for the committee to see. Their video camera didn't work right, tho, so the girls themselves came. That was fine.

We looked at all the solo acts, and there were only a couple that might not be up to snuff for a show. We'll see if two sisters might combine in one act vs. each singing alone. They were pretty tentative, and we think they might be more comfortable together instead.

After that was taken care of, we looked at dividing up contacting different places for our prizes. One gal took 4 locations (yay!) and a few more took some others, so I won't have nearly so many to contact myself.

I also talked a while with the gal doing our programs and invitations, so she's got that under control too.

I'm feeling a little better about this whole beast of an event. I will probably still be freaking out, but at least it's kind of coming together!

I just like to have things run smoothly (who doesn't?) and I have a tough time with adjusting to things last-minute (I leave that sort of thing to Lee).

Still, it's moving along and going okay...

:)

No comments: