Saturday, March 25, 2006

Ebay fun

Lately, I've been having fun with ebay.

If I see something I like at the store and it's not on sale, I go to look for it on ebay. I set my max price in my head, but don't actually enter that in until the last few minutes. I also will watch similar items to base my max price.

So in the last couple of weeks, I've gotten some new-in-box extra durable comfy shoes to wear at work for $49, instead of $98 (they really are great shoes that will last a LOOOONG time); Diana has some new prismacolor pencils that would retail at $60ish for $25 (including shipping); and I think I may have gotten some real pearls for less than $5, including shipping. I checked them by rubbing them on my teeth. Real pearls will feel rough, whereas fake ones feel smooth. I have a ring I know has real pearls, and the new necklace feels the same :)

I have to wear a fancy dress at a convention next weekend, which is why I was looking for pearls (tho not necessarily real ones - just something that would look good with the dress).

I will get the necklace appraised, but even if they were fake, less than $5 for a decent necklace is fine too!

I have that Weird Al song about ebay playing in my head...

:)

No comments: