Monday, April 23, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Sunday, April 22nd - Lee made me a nice breakfast with an egg mcmuffin-type sandwich & hash browns, orange juice & coffee - yum! Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.

Lee got up early to do the paper route with Trevor, so I was able to sleep in (I usually do it). I got to read the paper between Happy Birthday phone calls - which was nice.

Diana drew me this lovely picture. I also got a couple of DVD's, an MP3 player, and of course, my bike & accessories.

Lee went to get the kids' bikes ready to ride - they hadn't used them in a long time. Their helmets didn't fit either, so we also took a little trip to Wal-Mart to get new helmets (and a purse for me, and some fish for Trevor, etc.).

The weather was iffy, so we decided not to go too far to ride. This was my first time using the trail-a-bike with Connor on it. I didn't trust myself going down our steep hill, so I asked that we load up all the bikes into the truck & go over to the school to practise. That worked out great.



Besides riding around the school, we also went through the new neighborhood next to the school grounds. While we're going along, Connor is calling out to people, "Good afternoon!" "Hi!"

We passed a group of kids playing in someone's front yard. After Connor called to them, they all called back, "Hi Connor!" "Have fun on your bike!" And stuff like that. They all knew who he was. Cool.


For dinner, we went to our new Red Robin. Diana always knows a bunch of people working there (but she likes her job better). We also went into the mall next door, and I got a couple of shirts :) Diana got a summer jacket/windbreaker for when she goes to Germany.
I don't have a picture of it, but this afternoon at work, I was getting ready to do the crossing guard duty I have this week, and in walk Amanda, Mary, Renee & Diana with a carrot cake for me! Surprise! I had enough time to eat a slice and they all got one too. They couldn't stay very long though, because they had to get out of the parking lot before the busses got too busy in there.

Fun!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Hon.

Rocky said...

Happy belated birthday!