Saturday, April 07, 2007

Cool New Bike

Lee figured out a good birthday present for me.

He knows I like to ride bikes. I use my exercise bike very regularly at home. We also live in a very scenic area, which lends itself nicely to bike riding. It's a bit hilly, but after I get used to that, I'll be okay.

This is the website for the bikes: Electra Townie bikes Look under Townies, Ladies, 3-speed. I just got that in Pink Pearl. The pearl finish actually shines purply in the sunlight :)

Typical of Lee, he researches everything first. He decided the Electra Townie would be a good choice. With my old ten-speed, I used to wear gloves to protect the heel of my hands, and I'd have to ride upright now & then to cut down on the low back pressure. These guys use "flat-foot" technology in the design of their bikes, so you're not hunching over for the whole ride. You sit upright, and you can put both feet flat when you're stopped. This is especially helpful with the add-on we want to do for Connor.

Since he's not really able to safely ride around on his own, we're going to attach a trailer seat for Connor. This way I can bring Connor with me when I bike around town, and he'll still be able to "help" with the biking. He just can't steer...

This is what that will look like.

Lee can also move the trailer seat to his bike if we want to ride around town together.

We're thinking Connor's going to get a big kick out of doing this. He already loves driving around just to look at the scenery. Ours will be black.

:)

2 comments:

keeka said...

Hey Copycats! That is exactly what Carl got about 3 years ago, the kids ride with him whenever they want and he goes for long rides and he said the kids really help pedal! The love it too! Good exercise and the kids don't have to be on their own! Good deal!

Unknown said...

Now we just need to get Connor and Mom out for a test ride.