Monday, May 07, 2007

She's famous!

I have mentioned before that I work in a classroom for children with severe medical impairments. They are all in wheelchairs, require bathrooming and feeding, as well as working on their goals to become more independent (ie. being able to stand up on their own to transfer from their wheelchair to a bench or bed, etc.).

Last week, one of our little First Grade girls was going on a trip to Disneyland. Today, her mom called us from the plane as they were coming into Portland. They weren't just going to Disneyland, they were being flown there for an interview on OPRAH! They hadn't told us sooner, because they had to sign a confidentiality agreement.

In any case, on Wednesday the 9th, they'll be appearing on Oprah. I don't know how many other kids & families will be on. Our little girl is of Asian descent. Her name is Allison. If you can, Tivo it and meet one of my students!

:)

3 comments:

keeka said...

wow, that is totally cool! I will try to watch since I don't have tivo. I will have to see when OPRAH is on, I don't usually watch her show.

- Rob said...

We got it on TIVO, but I have not been able to see it yet. It turns out that there was a family there from our elementary school too. Amazing that we will be connected (loosely anyway) with two people at that event!

Tina said...

I couldn't find her at all on TV. There was such a huge crowd. However, she made the front page of our local paper, and her parents were interviewed on the local TV station too. She was there - we just couldn't see her!

So, don't bother looking at the episode to find Allison. Unless you had something else you wanted to see...