Saturday, May 19, 2007

Another Speech!


On Wednesday, Diana got to speak again for Girl Scouts. This time it was a fundraising luncheon. She did a great job, and everyone seemed to like her speech. I had a slide show from 2004 on with photos of Diana and our other scouts doing various service & camping trips, etc. running in the background.
We sat with my friend, Sue, and the current president of our council, Lorraine. I wasn't really expecting that. She was very personable and nice. Genuinely interested in Diana and what she's done with Girl Scouting. She also wanted Diana to meet a friend of hers who is a physical therapist, since that's what Diana is aiming toward.
I think Sue had a good time and enjoyed the lunch. I thought it was tasty & all. Of course, there was that underlying thing about it being a fundraiser, but oh well. There wasn't supposed to be a minimum or maximum donation required.
I was just proud of Diana for getting up there & talking!

No comments: