Thursday, May 03, 2007

Another Busy Weekend

Tomorrow morning I'm leaving very early for the TOPS State Recognition Days convention. TOPS Clubs We're going to Eugene this year. I'm helping with registration for the KOPS, so we need to be there by 8:00 am. That means we're leaving here around 6:00 am (eek!). The other ladies want to stop for breakfast on the way. I would have been okay with a nice bagel, but okay.

This year's theme is Mardi Gras, so we have masks, beads & fun stuff to wear. On Friday there's a walk, and motivational speakers & sessions on working with weight loss, etc. On Saturday, we'll have the recognition for the KOPS and state division winners, as well as chapter & state royalty. It's all to recognize the achievements of people working hard to lose their weight and then stay at goal. I am a KOPS now for 5 years.

There's a banquet on Saturday night, but a lot of us have opted to come home since it's only an hour away, and that way the club doesn't have to pay for 2 nights for our hotel rooms. Next year's convention will be pretty far away, and will probably require a 3-night stay, although we won't have as many people go to that one. At least I can sleep in my own bed on Saturday!

Sunday is the Girl Scout Talent Show. I'm only helping the director this year, and doing the videography part, but I have my own troop, plus girls in my troop performing duet acts, so don't worry - we'll all be stressed.

Luckily, on Monday, I can go relax again at work!

No comments: