Monday, February 26, 2007

I was sick

I can't even remember the last time I had to take 3 consecutive days off from work. Dang!

This was a weird flu - I caught it from Connor, who started with a fever on the 16th, and progressed to nausea & vomiting. He still has some congestion & coughing a week later.

I started with the fever on the 21st, but I had loss of appetite, and it didn't go to the nausea part (hooray?). The fever came & went though, with a lot of achiness and sleeplessness. So NyQuil was definitely needed. I spent 3 days in bed, and didn't get a lot of anything done, which always irks me.

Saturday Lee's folks came over to install the neat cupboard Pop made out of the leftover wood from the old cupboard in the old bathroom (sorry-confusing if you'd never seen it). We put in the new cupboard where the entrance to the hallway used to be (still confusing..). No one would know there was ever a hallway there now, between the cupboard on one side, and a shower on the other :)

Mom & Pop had gotten their flu shots so they said they were fine with coming into our fluish home. Trevor caught the flu on the 22nd with the fever, but it went away, so we sent him to school on the 23rd. Then I had to go pick him up early from school and we both slept the rest of the day. Ugh.

Anyway - I was back to work today. As I said, Connor still has some congestion & coughing, I just have a little coughing (not the chest ones that hurt anymore), and Trevor is almost over his congestion & coughing too. Lee & Diana stayed away from us, so hopefully they are not going to get it!

I'll blog some more interesting stuff than this soon.

4 comments:

- Rob said...

Ugh! That sounds like it is nasty enough to come through the computer. Stop blogging until the ick is all gone!

Anonymous said...

I did try to pick up the slack and run to the store for juice and meds. Did kitchen chores and got Connor to bed etc.

Guess it fell short.

-Lee

Tina said...

I meant in general, with not getting stuff done.

I missed my TOPS meeting, missed Thinking Day with Girl Scouts - I actually sent the girls without me (which you're not supposed to do - however they ARE senior girl scouts at a well-chaperoned event, and it's not like I'm watching them so much as accompanying them anyway).

Just the useless feeling you get when you're stuck watching TV when you know there are better things to be doing is all.

keeka said...

and everyone says...awwwwww! I am glad you are over most of it. I kept checking and no new posts! You must have felt REALLY icky to not even get on the computer!
Wow.
We did all the fever stuff shortly before Christmas!