Sunday, January 07, 2007

Yurt Camp - Friday PM

So here they are - my troop plus the girls from another troop shared this yurt.

Renee brought along some of our craft stuff, and once everyone knew where they were sleeping, they set about personalizing their spaces with balloons, signs and beaded dangly things. Nothing permanent, of course, and everything was easy enough to clean up (except glitter - glitter is never easy to clean up!).

We made our GORP again (you can see one bag with my girls) and dinner had been Subway before we arrived at the camp.

I slept with 5 other ladies in my yurt of Leaders, which was pretty fun. I am usually in a separate tent with my co-leader, but still in the same campsite. So I was actually further away, and couldn't hear as much of what my girls were saying or doing - that can be good and bad...

But my girls weren't the loudest ones, and they didn't stay up the longest, so we were good!

:)

3 comments:

keeka said...

yeah boy those "yurts" sure look swell! I will take a nice Holiday Inn Express room any day!
heehee

Unknown said...

I dislike hotel rooms as a travelling can't avoid. Yurts are better then Tents.

I think fifth wheel dual pull outs would be the bestest travel.

Tina said...

Believe me, every other time we've gone in a group camp, we've been in tents. This was INFINITELY better than tents! It was cold & rainy, and just being in a real bed and listening to the rain above was nice! Especially knowing we wouldn't be trying to pack up wet tents & tarps!!!

It took an hour at the most to pack up the car, sweep up the yurts and check out. MUCH better than "normal" way we leave!