Thursday, January 11, 2007

Snow Day!

I got a call this morning at 6:20 - No school today!!! I'm glad because we were doing the snow dance all day yesterday :P And my teacher would have been in a bad mood because she REALLY wanted a snow day today!

In any case, it started coming down last night pretty well, and by 11:00 it was sticking enough for a layer on the ground. This morning everything is nice and white. One of our neighbors tried coming up our hill & got stuck right in front of our house. She just left it and walked up to her place. It's already warmed up enough an hour or so later & she moved her van again.


Connor is having a blast - he loves eating ice anyway - and snow is just very small ice! We were supposed to go to TOPS tonight, and the Girl Scouts were doing a cookie rally, and I guess we'll just expect to go unless we are called & told things are cancelled.


I am catching up with laundry, and I should get a decent bike ride in today.


Lee already has Thursdays off right now, but he might go in, because he could get OT to cover the people that can't come into town at all from where they live. We're in walking distance from his job.


Fun fun fun!

5 comments:

shoo said...

Looks nice! We have an off-chance for some snow tommorrow morning. Weather report calls for rain and 30 degrees. Snow level to 1500 feet. Could you post instructions for that snow dance?

Tina said...

I neglected to mention that it rarely snows here - thus no one is prepared with any equipment. We have chains for the tires, but it's not really enough snow for that. Plus it's icey and we're on a hill.

Unexpected days off are great!

keeka said...

well today was in the low 50's but nothing save a few drops of rain this afternoon. I like the cold but it doesn't seem to hang around very long. The sun keeps peeking out and warming things up.
Ah well, don't think the snow dance would work for me! sniff...

Tina said...

Connor does a great snow dance. If I knew how to set it up, I'd tape him for you dancing on his trampoline singing, "C'mon snow! C'mon snow!"

This morning (Friday) we have a 2-hour delay before school starts. My car is completely iced over & it will probably take a good 1/2 hour with the defrost running in the driveway before I can leave!

- Rob said...

The scene looks nice, but it also reminds me of why I don't live where there are concepts like "shoveling snow" or defrosting my car for 1/2 hour.

Snow days would be nice though.