Monday, June 19, 2006

Roun Tuits

I went from a 4-hour a day job to a 7-hour a day job. I lost all the "free" time I'd had when I was off work while the kids were in school. None of my other commitments had changed, so I wound up stretched a bit thin.

Working 9:00 to 1:00 was left a lot more time to get things done. This year, I was leaving the house at 7:45 - sometimes with Connor, other times he stayed with Dad. I would generally get home around 5:00 if I had anything at all to do right after school (meetings, shopping, pay bills). Then once I was home, I had to sort thru stuff with kids & school, mail, and figuring out dinner.

I am still doing contests for my TOPS club, and I'm wearing a number of hats for Girl Scouts.

My last day of work for the school district was Thursday. I don't have any paying work scheduled until after Labor Day. Now I need to go thru my house and figure out all the things I had to leave until I got a roun tuit.

The big things are: 1) sand/clean & paint the outside of the bedroom. Same for all the trim on the house (going from icky blue to clean white). 2) Remodel the bathroom. We're turning a short hallway, large cupboard & toilet into a full bathroom with shower & sink. This will be a nice, expensive mess - but worth it. 2 adults, 2 teens and a kiddo using the same shower/tub is too many. 3) Clean out the basement. This is gonna take a bunch of time. I'm thinking about 2 weeks to really sort, build shelving, and get everything in weatherproof tubs.

Then I have all the other stuff to do: Canning, sewing, sorting, weeding, re-potting, berry picking. I also want to volunteer at the summer "camp" Connor will be attending.

I will be working at home with Connor to help him with his comprehension. Even though he's doing that summer school thing, I need to work with him one-on-one and test him to see how far he's progressed since the last time I checked. I think he's doing great, but the language won't come until he's comprehending it more.

We also want to visit my folks for a couple of weeks.

So, even though I'm not "working," I'll have plenty to do!!

:)

No comments: