Saturday, June 24, 2006

Another New Link

I added the daily photo blog for Stuttgart, Germany today.

I check it every once in a while to see if it shows anything from where my dad grew up. My dad's town is pretty close by, and he used to spend a lot of time in Stuttgart himself. It has an international airport and I've flown in there once or twice.

Anyway, I enjoy looking at the photo blogs of places where I've lived or been, mostly, but I also like looking at very exotic (to me) places as well. All the photo blogs have links to a bunch of the rest of that ring, so you can spend a lot of time clicking from one location to the next.

I figured it would be easier to add the link than keep going to the Vancouver site and then scrolling down to Stuttgart.

If I had the time & energy, I'd consider doing a blog for our town. Last weekend was the "Discovery Days" downtown, with the bed races (beds with wheels on the legs, pushed by a team with a "driver" on the bed). This weekend we have the Arts Festival. Coming up after the 4th of July is Graffiti Night - we usually have 200-300 cars participate on the cruise thru downtown. They have to be from 1960 or prior to be in the cruise. This is actually worth a trip here, if you're a car fan. There's ice cream socials & Show N' Shines not just here in town, but in outlying areas as well. The cruisers really get into it.

But, alas, I have too many things to do already, so the photo blog will have to wait.

In the meantime, enjoy viewing the World Cup craziness in Germany on that Stuttgart link!

:)

No comments: