Monday, November 13, 2006

Veteran's Day

We just had our long weekend. I did not get to sleep in a single day of the three.

Friday I had off, but I had a chiropractic appointment scheduled for 7:30 am. Then the chiropractor got sick, so they offered me a 1 hour massage instead. I'm all - YES!!!! So that was worth getting up at 6:45.

Saturday was Veteran's Day. The local American Legion had requested Girl Scouts to help with set up, serving & clean up. Well, no one offered, so I had Renee spend the night, and she went with Diana & I to help with the breakfast. We had to be there at 6:00 am. The breakfast started at 7:00 and was supposed to run until 10:00. Somehow, that got translated into 11:00 in the newspaper, so people were still coming in after we were trying to clean up. Oh well, we still had food & smiling faces so we stuck around until 11:00! Then I dropped the girls off at the parade, since they'd made signs & I'd gotten Diana's vest up to date with patches & badges!
That was worth getting up at 5:30, and both girls said they'd do it again next year. (Amanda & Mary couldn't help due to Band & Search and Rescue, also at the Parade).

Sunday was Diana's paper route. That's our weekly thing anyway, and after the papers were delivered, we went to the empty school parking lot to practise her driving a bit. I'm used to getting up early for that. She just really needs to get used to the car more than anything else. They use little compact cars when they drive with school, and all we have is an extended van, and the big honkin' truck. The rest of the day was laundry & getting WoW characters up & ready to meet with the guys that night.

Maybe I'll be able to sleep in NEXT weekend. Or Thanksgiving week? I only work Monday the 20th and the rest of the week is off for Connor & me.

:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The GS do the best job

Anonymous said...

thanks lee :) i cant belive you posted that comment...i bet your famiy thinks i'm crazy!well i am :) anyway that was a really cool day...

p.s. i havent done my online courses OR myhomework :) you're gonna kill me and its late