Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Up Early

Lee accidentally knocked over a fan in our room this morning around 5:30. I don't usually get up until 7:00. I had already gotten up to let the dog out, since she was making noises (and then she didn't even need to go - she was just lonely!). So, after trying to fall asleep again, I just gave up and got a cup of coffee.

I have enough to do today anyway. We're getting ready to leave on our little visit to Canada, and I have a ton of stuff to take care of before we go with setting up the house & all. Diana's happy she got someone to cover her paper route after asking 6 friends that couldn't do it!

Tomorrow we'll go to the fair, so I need most of the trip stuff done today. I'm still waffling about what to do with the apples. The tree still has a bunch on it, and I'd love to make pie filling or applesauce or something. I wonder if I let it cook on the stove all day, I'd still have time to can it tonight? I really liked the applesauce too, and if I use the stove instead of the microwave, I should be able to get a bigger batch... Maybe if most of the other stuff is done by the afternoon. And it doesn't get too hot - altho I have a burner I could plug in outside, I'm not sure where to set that up so no one knocks THAT over - what a mess that would be!

My van is in the shop today as well. We got it in January, and when I drove it there was sometimes a little hesitation that I'd felt before with the other van that wound up being a sparkplug issue, so I wanted them to check that this time. Turns out someone jammed a sparkplug in, and they were working on it all afternoon yesterday trying to get that one out. I'm thinking I was right about there being a sparkplug problem. And the passenger side window stopped working completely a little while ago, so they need to fix that too. Hopefully the van will be done today, altho we could still get away with it being worked on tomorrow. We take the free busses around town to get to the fair anyway. I would rather not walk downtown with Connor tho - not so much for going, but for coming home.

At least I finished sewing my mom's present. I won't say what it is here, just in case she checks the blog :P

And I should try to get a bike ride in today as well. And we need to eat the cucumbers our neighbor dropped by before we go...

I guess I should stop blogging & get busy, eh?

:)

1 comment:

keeka said...

uh, yeah! I am looking forward to hearing about your trip!

I did update my blog by the by if you are interested.

Love ya sis!